PROVIDING OPTIONS WITH SAMPLING AND TESTING PROTOCOLS
Certified Onions, Inc.’s sampling and testing protocols have been developed in cooperation with the Oregon Department of Agriculture.
WHAT IS COI TESTING FOR?
Certified Onions is testing the onions for pesticide residues in addition to the presence of undesirable pathogens such as E. coli (Escherichia coli) and Salmonella.
WITH COI, YOU KNOW THE RESULTS
Our multi-samplings take place in field, storage and in-line, assuring the end user a safe and healthy product.
Multiple Sample Types
- Direct link to grower
- GPS documentation
- Observed growing conditions
- Positive lot identification
- Post-harvest custody and control
- Secured storage environment
- Graded produce
- Observed handling and packaging practices
Multiple Test Types
- Screen for non-labeled pesticide usage on onion crops
- MRL screen developed for Idaho-Oregon onion crops
- MRL screen developed for export crops
- Testing for undesirable pathogens utilizing variable methods
ENSURING QUALITY AND INTEGRITY
Utilizing USDA standards and procedures, these contracted “ODA” services ensure quality and integrity are maintained throughout the “COI” process.